Terma North America (TNA), the U.S. subsidiary of Denmark-based Terma A/S, is searching for a highly qualified Director of Business Development, CCS, (Command, Control, and Sensor Systems).
As a core member of the CCS BD team reporting to the VP, CCS, this position will be responsible for the development of new business and for the retention and expansion of existing business. The position is critical to further expanding Terma’s growing presence in US domestic and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) markets.
This position will work from our TNA, office in Suffolk, VA or Arlington, VA.
Performance Standards and Expectations
- Major/Strategic Account Management North America
- Dynamic leader with strong business development skills
- Builds and maintains customer relationships with strategic accounts throughout North America
- Creates demand for the organization's products and services by raising their profile with customers
- Achieves revenue targets by increasing revenue spend per account
- Conducts regular status and strategy meetings with the customer's senior management to understand their needs and link them to the organization's product/services strategies.
Essential Job Tasks and Duties
- Maintains strict compliance with company policies and procedures relating to Business Ethics and Code of Conduct, in addition to the specific procurement regulations established by the Federal Government and other customer communities.
- Establishes and maintains in-depth knowledge of Terma North America and Terma A/S product lines and strategic directions.
- Develops short and long range plans for penetration/expansion of potential business opportunities.
- Coordinates closely with the VP CCS to manage, identify and pursue potential expansion and/or follow-on business within existing and developing business areas.
- Evaluates business opportunities and recommends bid/no bid positions.
- Directs and participates in the preparation of program acquisition/capture plans on selected programs detailing the win strategy, discriminators, cost to win estimates, contract definitization and action plans to be followed by the Capture Team.
- Maintains an awareness of industry capabilities and recommends, where appropriate, business relationships such as teaming, joint ventures and/or subcontracting.
- Assesses and reports on competitor activities, capabilities, perceived strategies and new developments. ´
- Establishes and maintains effective liaison/interface at various levels within the customer community, including Government agencies, industry primes and potential subcontractors and teammates.
- Supports the development of bid and proposal estimates, monitors progress against plan, and initiates corrective action where appropriate.
- Responsible for “Program Execution” of on-going and new programs. This includes Installation, Set to Work, Customer Acceptance and on through the support and sustainment phases. Technical/Hands-On experience is desirable.
- Establishes and maintains business development processes and schedules in accordance with current procurement timelines on potential and selected opportunities.
- Develops and implements an effective and formal program to solicit, collect and analyze feedback from our customers. This 'Voice of the Customer' Program must play a significant role in influencing related business decisions.
- Works closely with the GSS Director, CCS Program Manager, and Technical Services Manager to identify and capture new support/service and After Sales business based on existing customer base and numerous current installations.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a technical field (Engineering, Aerospace, or Radar Technology) is required
- Masters of Science preferred. A Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Contracting and Acquisition Management, or equivalent is desired.
- Minimum of 15 years sales and BD experience with substantial exposure with the DoD, DHS and FAA Radar markets.
- Experience in developing business opportunities and sales campaigns for end using customers and prime contractor.
- Read Computer screens and concentrate for long periods, communicate via computer and telephone.
- Extensive international program and/or business development experience.
- Considerable knowledge of European business, politics and culture.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced international environment
- Extensive Travel required (50% or more)
- US Secret Security Clearance required
Terma North America is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Terma North America, Inc.
2461 S. Clark Street, Suite 810
Arlington, VA 22202