Location: Crystal City, Virginia
Terma North America (TNA), the U.S. subsidiary of Denmark-based Terma A/S, is searching for a highly qualified Human Resources Director / Business Partner to join our team of exceptionally dedicated professionals in an exciting and rewarding fast paced highly successful company. Leveraging the outstanding Terma reputation and our strong relationship with the U.S. DoD, Homeland Security, and large Prime Contractors for more than three decades, Terma has developed a significant presence in the U.S. as provider of mission critical solutions for aerospace, defense and security sectors. We are known as an independent, agile, and fast responding partner for mission customized solutions.
The HR Director / Business Partner will be responsible for:
- Create, modify and administer company policies and procedures
- Support Management of an international workforce, including the coordination of policies across multiple countries.
- Ensures timely compliance with federal governmental regulations.
- Driving talent development and talent acquisition strategies
- Assessing and anticipating the needs within the organization and collaborating with the leadership team to ensure consistency and integrated solutions, while taking broader organizational implications into account
- Acting as an advisor and change agent for enterprise-wide initiatives, providing guidance to functional leadership teams regarding talent acquisition, talent development, workforce planning, organizational effectiveness and strategic partnerships.
- Develops, recommends and installs approved, new or modified Benefit programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; disability plans; and wellness programs.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelors’ degree in HR, Business, Industrial Relations or related field with 8 years related HR Management experience OR equivalent experience
Required Skills and Experience
- Human resource knowledge/experience in the areas of Employee Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, performance development and compensation, talent acquisition and organizational effectiveness
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to be onsite daily and travel (U.S. and international) as required
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance (if necessary)
- Ability to coordinate personnel policies and management across multiple countries, languages, and cultures.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- U.S. Citizen
- Strong business acumen and diverse business perspective
- Broad HR knowledge base to include knowledge of industry standard policies and procedures
- Experience in Benefits Administration
- Ability to work well independently
- Strong internal customer relations skills
- Ability to think strategically and enterprise-wide
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- U.S. Aerospace, Government Contracting or Defense Human Resources experience
- SHRM CP (Certified Professional) or SCP (Senior Certified Professional)
- Willingness to travel 5% or more
To Apply: Send resume to Terma North America, Inc. – email@example.com
Terma North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of applicants or employees.