Location: Crane, Indiana
Terma North America (TNA), the U.S. subsidiary of Denmark-based Terma A/S, is searching for a highly qualified Test Engineer to join our team of exceptionally dedicated professionals in an exciting and rewarding fast paced highly successful company. Leveraging the outstanding Terma reputation and our strong relationship with the U.S. DoD, Homeland Security, and large Prime Contractors for more than three decades, Terma has developed a significant presence in the U.S. as provider of mission critical solutions for the aerospace, defense and security sectors. We are known as an independent, agile, and fast responding partner for mission customized solutions.
The Test Engineer will work independently to design/develop interface test adapters, cabling, automated software test programs and all associated documentation in support of Terma NA automated test suites for a variety of avionics subassemblies. The Test Engineer will be responsible for the Development, Test, and Integration of all deliverables such as hardware, software, and documentation and provide Integrated Support Services (ISS).
The Test Engineer is responsible for test system design from requirements analysis to hardware/software design, test and integration, and support of the systems in a depot test environment.
Primary responsibilities include supporting test and troubleshooting of LRU’s and/or digital and analog CCAs for Terma. The chosen candidate will generate / update test procedures and interact with design engineering on technical issues relating to the test process. The candidate will possess good communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic team environment. The candidate will work with the program team, interface with the customer including providing inputs to technical presentations, telecoms, and formal reviews.
- Complete Test Program Set (TPS) development activities, from conceptual stage through life cycle of product, including planning, development, testing, and integration. Interpreting test requirements and documenting procedures.
- Ability to convert NI TestStand and LabVIEW TPS software to ATLAS
- Develop Test Requirement Documents (TRDs) and debug Test Programs Sets (TPSs) based on explicit and derived requirements.
- Initiating and/or coordinating Engineering Change Requests and Change Notices to improve product quality.
- Ensure hardware test requirements are met and processes are followed
- Track changes made to hardware, software, firmware, documentation, test fixtures and test documentation throughout the development and operational life.
- Work closely with customers and/or functional peer group managers.
- Provide Test Program Set (TPS) Development support at NSWC – Crane Division, Crane, IN
- Assist customer in the test & troubleshoot of hardware
- Work with Integrated Product Teams, customers and end users to understand and document requirements compliance
- Report metrics used to support systems engineering efforts
- Report status to management
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree and (5) years’ work experience or equivalent experience.
Required Skills and Experience
- US Citizenship with an active security clearance.
- Knowledge of EW systems and performance.
- TPS Development in a multi-platform environment, including interface hardware and software design, prototyping, integration, and selloff.
- Experience with NI TestStand, LabWindows/CVI and LabVIEW test program development or ATLAS test program development.
- Experience with hardware interfaces and software in a multi-system environment.
- Ability to write clear, concise, factual and detailed documentation such as Test
- Program Instruction (TPI) excerpts and software installation instructions.
- Willingness to travel: 50% CONUS and OCONUS.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate in small working groups or program teams.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers as well as with team members in remote locations.
- Ability to work with international team members.
- Systems thinking skills (i.e., ability to work at detailed level but understand system level implications).
- Knowledge of Test Requirements Document (TRD) format, contents and specification.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge necessary to write requirements specifications.
- A working knowledge of automated software tools that support source code management, change management, and document control.
- Experience in Navy CASS Automated Test Systems extremely helpful.
- Knowledge of computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks. Typical tools/languages may include NI TestStand, LabView, LabWindows/CVI, ATLAS, C++, DOORS, and Microsoft Access.
- Ability to troubleshoot Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) and Test Programs for complex systems.
- Some experience with Test Fixtures or Interface circuitry design and other hardware testing is desirable.
To Apply: Send resume to Terma North America, Inc. – firstname.lastname@example.org
Terma North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of applicants or employees.