Our airport surveillance radar (SCANTER 4002) is designed for detection, separation, and tracking of small air targets and large surface targets and is operational in several international airports.
Confident Situational Awareness
The transmitter is a fully modular, fault tolerant solid state amplifier with 8 power modules using the latest Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology. Each power module is designed for 24/7 operation and provides increased reliability with graceful degradation and hot-swap functionality.
The receiver has two channels in order to support simultaneous reception of two frequency bands. Optimum signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) performance is ensured by low noise amplifier(s) located up-mast at the antenna. A very high instantaneous dynamic range of the receiver enables detection of small targets without saturation from large targets/reflections like wind turbines.
After down conversion to intermediate frequency (IF) in the receiver, the signal is sampled with 14 bit at 400 MHz, demodulated, pulse compressed, and moving target indication (MTI) processed. Video processing is performed on both normal radar video and MTI video and includes automatic adaptation to the environment, channel combining, interference filtering, and Doppler processing to suppress stationary targets as well as moving clutter.
Control and Monitoring
Proven and Reliable
SCANTER 4002 Specifications
- Frequency band: 9000-9200 MHz
- Frequency management: Time/frequency diversity (4-6 frequencies)
- Transmitter (8 modules): 6 kW, fault tolerant solid state (GaN)
- Instrumented range: 42.5 NM
- Minimal detection range: 0.15 NM
- Antennas: 15’ or 18’ with linear/circular polarization
- Rotation rate: 12-20 RPM (default 15 RPM)
- Accuracy range: < 25 m bias (< 60m sigma)
- Accuracy azimuth < 0.1° bias (< 0.15° sigma)
- Resolution range: < 36 m (measured at 10 dB SNR)
- Resolution azimuth: < 1°
- Interface: Ethernet UDP/TCP IP
- Interface format: ASTERIX (Cat. 010, 034, 048, 240)
Want to learn more?
If you have any questions about Terminal Approach Radar, please get in touch with our expert.
Director, Business Development